Hello readers! As you can probably tell from the quote above today I am crazy about chocolate. If I am honest I can admit that it isn't just today. I've been crazy for chocolate all my life. Who isn't? Actually, I have come across people who don't care for it but we won't talk about them because they are obviously delusional. :)
To celebrate my love for the brown sweet stuff let's review some fun facts that you may or may not know.
- Dark chocolate has more antioxidants than green tea and just as many as blueberries.
- White chocolate isn't really chocolate. It is made from the cocoa butter which is produced when beans are pressed.
- Chocolate does contain chemical elements that really do boost your mood and produce a euphoric feeling.
- Eating chocolate gives you the same feeling as falling in love.
- Chocolate comes from the Aztec word "xocolatl" which means "bitter water".
- Switzerland is one of the top countries for chocolate consumption. The Swiss consume about 22 lbs of chocolate, per person, per year.
- Cocoa beans were used as currency by the Mayan and Aztec cultures.
- Hershey is the oldest and largest chocolate company in the US.
- The most expensive chocolate in the world is $2,600 per pound. It's called Madeleine and is made by Fritz Knipschildt, a chocolatier in Connecticut.
- Craving chocolate when a woman is on her menstrual cycle may have more to do with the fact that chocolate is known for helping ease menstrual symptoms. (See, we do have a reason!)
- Eating chocolate can also reduce the symptoms of stress.
- Chocolate is beneficial for proper blood flow to the lungs and other organs.
- The minerals in chocolate help to increase brain power and function.
Lately, I have been trying to decrease my consumption of sweets in order to lose all those pounds I have gained from adoring chocolate just a little too much. When I actually had some chocolate peanut butter ice cream a couple of weekends ago I was proud of myself for calmly enjoying my waffle cone and not losing all control and rubbing it all over my face. Hopefully, my desire for chocolate and my consumption of it can come to some sort of compromise.
So, how do you like chocolate? Do you have a preference? Do you prefer it in a drink, in bars, with nuts, baked, boiled, or fried? Do tell! This post is making me hungry so I think I will go and have some (you guessed it) CHOCOLATE!!
By now you know what I'm going to say:
Check out these cute magnets and have a great week!