Friday, August 26, 2011

Sunny Sunflowers

Hello readers!  I should be talking about back to school things because it seems to have consumed me this week but I'm still in denial that it has actually started so let's talk about something else.

How about sunflowers!  I love these things.  When they come up they signify for me the end of summer and the hint that fall is around the corner.   They are also super easy to grow and drought resistant which is super convenient for me.

I was reading in one of my gardening books that sunflowers are also referred to as Texas corn which is just another reason for me to love them since I am a Texas girl born and bred.  Every year I buy several packages of these beauties in all different kinds of varieties.  I actually never get them all in the ground and have to save some for next year's garden.  They also tend to reseed themselves which is always fun.  This year I actually never got to plant any and had Mike transplant some that volunteers and just needed water.  I love that fact that the birds and bees love them and can be found buzzing among them happily.

If you are looking for something easy and fun to grown which is striking and beautiful try a sunflower.

Sunflowers are also reminding me of my girls this week.  Small at first and then tall and beautiful in such a short time.


































I have magnets in my shop if you just feel like growing some on your fridge.  :)  No work required!



Have a great week!

Crazed Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment